Sunday, January 31, 2010

I love...

...our Young Married Couples Bible Study Group.




I worked today until 3:30 p.m. I was able to get someone to work my last 4 hours. It was so weird to come out of work when it was still light outside. I haven't had it be light out after work since late summer or early fall. I got off early from work today so I could go to our Young Married Couples Bible Study. Tonight we had the biggest group we have ever had. We had 25 adults and 7 kids. I love this group. We meet once a month on a Sunday night. During our first year of marriage, my husband and I felt like we wanted a group of other young couples that we could relate to. We wanted to start a bible study for young married couples because our church didn't have anything like that. We go to a really new church, and at that time it was only a couple years old. Brian and I went to our pastor to see what he had to say about this. He thought that was a great idea, and wanted to introduce us to an older couple, Bill and Barb, in our church that he thought would be a great couple to lead the group. He actually called Bill and Barb a young, old couple because he said they are so hip and young at heart. Anyways, that was over 3 years ago. And now our Young Married Couples Bible Study has grown to about 12 to 14 couples. We meet one Sunday night every month, and we meet at Bill and Barb's beautiful spacious house. I look forward to this night every month. Right now we are going through a DVD series called "Love, Marriage, and Stinkin' Thinkin'." It has been a great series.










The woman in the right picture, on the far left is Barb, her and her husband, Bill lead our group


Zander decided to play under the table while we were there. He was having so much fun that his daddy decided to join him. Then I crawled under there to get some pictures. Don't worry no one was sitting at the table. While all 3 of us were under there 2 other kids joined us there. All 5 of us had fun laughing, playing, taking pictures, and even reading a book under the table.





What a fun night!

No comments: