Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

Today we got lots of snow. It snowed all day. My husband went to work early and, when he tried to start the car the battery was dead. He drove our other car to work, and we were going to get the car towed. My dad offered to put in a new battery, but the battery was buried. So my dad jumped my car and took it in to get it fixed. They had it fixed within a hour. I stayed in all day, because my dad and mom dropped off my car to be fixed. I went to pick up my car with my sister at 4:30 p.m., and then to my parents for dinner. Dinner two nights in a row with my parents. This time we cooked a meal.  I made a yummy salad.  We had a very nice dinner. 


Before I left to pick up the car, I got Zander all bundled up and took him out in the snow. This was the first time he sat in the snow. He didn't seem to mind it.




Okay, he didn't love it all of the time!

We were only out for a very short time. Maybe on Saturday the 3 of us can go out for a little longer and play in the snow. I want to get a sled so we can pull Zander in it. I think he would enjoy that. I love the snow. I just don't like driving in it. It will be fun when Zander is older and we can take him sledding, build snow forts and snowman, and have snowball fights.

I have been meaning to post about this, but I keep forgetting.  Zander loves to wave goodbye and he gives high fives now too.  Today, he was at my parent's house while I went to pick up our car.  After I left he crawled over to the door, pulled himself up and then turned and waved bye to his Grandma.  Too funny.  Yesterday, Zander's Grandma Wiersema (my mom) was making Zander laugh, one of those belly laughs.  Zander had hit his high chair tray after eating, so my mom decided to mock Zander and hit her hand on the table.  Zander thought that was the funniest thing and laughed and laughed about it.  My mom kept doing it for 5 to 10 minutes and he couldn't stop laughing.  It was so cute.  

No comments: