Monday, January 18, 2010

Poor Baby

My little boy had a fever today, his first fever ever. We went and visited his Grandma and Auntie Aubo today. Zander took a nap over at his Grandma's house, and when he woke up he felt warm. He ate a some baby food and then started to become a little fussy. He is hardly ever fussy. We decided he might be teething again, so my mom held him while I got the oragel out. When she was holding she felt like he was really warm and may have a fever. I took his temperature and it was 102.0. My poor baby. I gave him Children's Motrin right away. I checked his temperature a few hours later and the fever was gone. He went to bed a little early tonight, around 6:30 p.m., and is sleeping now. I hope he sleeps through the night and feels better in the morning. I think the fever may have only be from him teething. He is not vomiting, no diarrhea, and he is not pulling on his ears. My poor baby. Since Zander was sick I couldn't go to a Jewelry Party my friend was having. I'm little bummed about that, but my son comes first. He is so important. And he saved me some money. I took no pictures today. Shocking I know. So I decided to not post any old ones either. It is a little hard to post without pictures.


Update: Zander woke up at 1:50 a.m. and he felt warm again. We took his temperature and this time it was 102.5. But still he had no vomiting or diarrhea. We gave him some more Children's Motrin, gave him a bottle, took off his fleece pajamas, left him in his onesie, and put him to bed. He woke up around 5:45 a.m. while I was getting ready for work. We took his temperature again and it was down to 99.5. Zander's mom and dad both got to go to work today and Zander was taken care of and spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa Meeter. I am so thankful for my in-laws.

No comments: