Monday, January 25, 2010

Love, not Sorry

I just love my little boy.  In some ways I want to apologize for gushing so much about Zander on this blog.  But then there is a part of me that says, I shouldn't apologize, because I started this blog so I could write about my son and remember  his growing up.  I have been told that they grow up so fast.  So I want to remember it all.


So with all that being said, I'm going to gush about my son.  Here is the background.  I wasn't feeling good near the end of my shift at work.  I had a humongous headache.  At first I thought it was from one of the kids that screamed in my ear because I had to put an IV in or because I had to draw blood.  But then I thought about it and realized today was a mild day for me and the screamers.  Don't get me wrong, I had them today, but I have had much worse.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about kids in the ER.  I love kids and it makes me so sad to see them sad.  I don't get upset when I get a crying baby or a screaming child.  And they have never given me a headache at work.  If anything, the beeping from our monitors give me a headache.  So, I ruled that out.  And thought hard about what could be causing my headache.  And I figured it out.  I had no caffeine today.  I had a caffeine withdrawal headache.  I am addicted to Pepsi, and drink way too much.  Well, I am trying to cut back.  I drank so much water today, and no pop, and boy did I pay for it with that headache.  All of this being said, I was tired when I went to pick Zander up.  We came home, and I wanted him to play a little before going to bed, and I was hoping he would take more of his bottle too.  I had so much fun watching him play because he was having so much fun playing with his toys.  He was loving his mailbox, and he was loving this toy too. 

Then he was having fun digging around in the bin that holds his letter blocks.  It was so cute.  But what what really made my day, was the 5 or so minutes we spent together right before he went to bed.  I laid him on his changing table to change his diaper.  I started saying "SO BiG" in a cute high pitched voice.  Well Zander thought that was the funniest thing ever.  So of course I kept doing it, and he kept laughing and laughing.  One of his cute belly laughs.  I have noticed that my son laughs at the silliest of things.  He belly laughs when his Grandma Wiersema blows her nose, when mommy teaches him how to knock down block towers and he does it over and over again.  He belly laughs at the noise mommy makes of a toy cow mooing, when mommy makes other silly noises, and when mommy says "SO BiG."  So my son's belly laugh made my day.  It is amazing that he still had a belly laugh when it was 2 hours past his bedtime and when he is teething.  Boy, I am blessed with such a sweet and happy baby boy.  God has truly blessed me and my husband immensely.  Thank you God.  I am sooo grateful.  I wanted to get it on video, but the video camera was downstairs.  I didn't want to ruin the moment, and he probably would not have done the belly laugh still by the time I got the camera. 

Okay so on a side note, I have noticed that I have written the word "SO" a lot in this post.  So What!!!!  But I am deciding to just leave it that way.  It must be my new favorite word.  HA!    


   

No comments: