Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it...

We have wonderful news to share. My husband got a job today. We are thrilled. He has been out of a job since November. We have survived, and not gone into debt while only 1 person worked, but it was hard. Thank goodness we had some money in our savings account. But we really only got through the last 9 months through God's grace. God is so awesome and he sustained us the entire time McDreamy was out of a job. He provided for us too! Just when we were unsure we would make it through, God provided for us. I knew God would provide a job for my husband in His time, and I trusted Him completely. My husband, on the other hand, struggled at times. But it is different for guys because they want to be the bread winners. But McDreamy spent some much time with our son Zander. And Zander just loves his daddy. I remember one morning Zander and I were snuggling in bed. Well Zander kept looking at his daddy that was laying on the other side of him. I wanted him to focus on me, and spend some time just mommy and Zander before I had to go to work, but Zander couldn't help but stare at his daddy. I would call his name and he would look at me for a brief second and then turn his head right back toward his daddy and smile. He just loves his dad. I am glad McDreamy and Zander had those first 5 months to spend together. McDreamy is great dad. He loves Zander so much.

McDreamy was smitten with Zander from the second he laid eyes on him!











Well, McDreamy starts on Tuesday. I am so happy for him. Now we can save some money for another house. We are out growing the house we are in now.

Today I went to a bunch of garage sales. At first I just took my son, but then McDreamy had to use the car, so my little sister went with for the second round of garage sales. I found some cute books for Zander for 10 cents each. You can't beat that price and I love books. Then I found the cutest bike for Zander for $10. I could not pass it up. I know my son is only 5 months old and won't be riding a bike for quite a while, but it was soooo cute. (I will post a picture of the bike tomorrow.) The reason I went to these garage sales is because Zander needs fall and winter clothes. He hardly has any. Well, I found none. I repeat, I found none. And I went to at least 7 or more garage sales. (A whole block was lined with garage sales.) But my gracious friend from work had a garage sale this weekend. She lives about 45 minutes from my house so I didn't have a chance to go to her garage sale. Instead she brought two bags full of 6 to 12 month old boy clothes for Zander from her garage sale. And she gave them to me free. Thanks Karen, that was so kind of you. I am so excited, Zander will have some fall and winter clothes. He already has a winter coat that I posted about in an early post.
And last, but certainly not least I have one more piece of good news. My friend Joleen had her second child today. It was a girl and they named her Jordyn Sue. Joleen had to be induced today because she had high blood pressure. She was 2 weeks early. Jordyn Sue weighs 8 lbs. 8 oz. and is 20.5 in long. I can't wait to meet her tomorrow. Four of my friends from church are pregnant (well, now 3) and are all due this fall. I can't wait to meet all these babies. Zander will have a lot of friends to play with in the nursery. Good thing we expanded the nursery.

No comments: