Friday, September 18, 2009

Apple picking


I love apple picking. I went apple picking today with some friends and their kids. Our church does a play group for moms and their kids. We have fun playdates once a month. We had so much fun. This is the first picking of any kind that I have done (unless you count nose picking). I had the best pumpkin donuts too, and I don't like anything pumpkin. I ended up picking 11 lbs of apples. I hope to puree apples and freeze them for Zander. And I had to get some apple cider too.

Zander and I picking our first apples ever

I had this great photo op. idea, and Zander would not look up

for any of the pictures, and I took a lot. I tried everything.
They had a petting zoo, and this is Joseph with the goat
Ella

Zander on a tractor

Then after apple picking I went shopping quick for an outfit. On my way to the store I called my best friend, Jane, and told her to come to my house 1/2 hour later because I had to stop at the store quick. She asked what store, and I told her. She said she was standing in front of that very same store. So, we ended up shopping together and then going out to Applebee's for dinner. After dinner we went back to my house. I put Zander down to bed, and then we started on invitations. We are throwing my sister a bridal shower on October 17th and we had to get working on the invitations. We had fun, and had a pen war in the process. Jane won. We were up until 12:30 a.m. working on the invitations, and almost all of the invitations are finished. I have to finish up the rest on my own because we didn't buy enough.

No comments: