Friday, October 2, 2009

What a great small group

My mom took me shopping for my birthday. She decided that I don't wear good shoes. You see, I love flip flops, and every chance I can, I wear them. My mom is often telling me how bad they are for my feet. Mom, I know all that, I am a nurse you know. But they are just so comfy and convenient to slip on. I also like my feet to be free and breathable. I am not a big shoe or sock fan. I used to wear flip flops in the winter, but have stopped that. Chicago winters are just too cold and snowy for that. So, another reason my mom wants me to have good shoes is for work. I wear the knock off, cheap brand of Crocs. So, my mom took me to the New Balance Shoe store. I got to pick out 2 pairs of shoes, one for work and one for the rest of the time. I have to say they are comfy. The work ones aren't very stylish, but they are supper comfy and supportive, and that is what the employee recommended for me since I am on my feet so much as an ER nurse. The lady was so nice that helped us. She has waited on my mom for the 2 other times she had gone into the store. She even remembered my mom's name, and she asked how everything was going since the fire. Here are the shoes.

Work shoes


Shoes for the rest of the time (non work shoes)
After shopping, my older sister came over to my parent's house to visit. We had a very nice visit.

Tonight we had small group. Every Thursday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. we host a bible study/small group in our home. I am so bummed that my husband can't attend now that he got a job and works afternoons. But I am very thankful that he has a job. We had been praying for a job for him since we started going to this small group. God is so awesome and faithful. I just love seeing God work, and seeing answers to prayers. We had a fabulous time at small group. I learned a lot more about the people in our small group, and we had a great discussion after the lesson. We talked so much after the lesson and prayer was over that people didn't start leaving until 10:45 p.m. And my friend brought yummy cake to celebrate my birthday.

Note: This post was intended to be for Thursday, October 1, 2009

No comments: