Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bridal Showers Galore

The shocked look of Zander saying, "You brought me to what, a Bridal Shower. There are all girls here."

This weekend was filled with Bridal Showers. My best friend, Jane, and I hosted a Bridal Shower for my sister on Saturday, October 17, 2009 (yesterday). I had attended to blog yesterday bu8t was to exhausted. We had sooooo much fun, but it was a lot of work. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of the decorations and center pieces we did. We had a theme of black and white for the shower. We had black and white helium balloons. Then we had 11 rectangular glass containers filled with all different black and white candy. The candy I chose is chocolate covered pretzels, white yogurt covered pretzels, snow caps, black sixlets, white and chocolate candies, Tootsie Rolls, and lots of others. Then we had little white and black gift bags for people to take the candy home in as their favor. We had little black and white bride and groom confetti and lots of other confetti. We had the Bridal Shower at Sanfrantello's Pizza and the food was wonderful; well at least that is what I heard because I was too busy to eat. I brought my son along too so I was either hosting or taking care of my son. While everyone was eating I was feeding Zander. For a game I made up the Abby and Andy Love Quiz. The guests had to answer 10 questions about the soon to be bride and groom. I also had the guest write a note, advice, or congratulations on the balloons for Abby and Andy to read later. They got a lot of really nice gifts. I got her a nice wooden mirror. I had fun, but I am glad it is over because it was a lot of work.


The soon to be bride and groom, Abby and Andy


The mirror before they opened it.

The mirror I got them as a gift.



Abby and Andy acting goofy


My beautiful cousin Danielle with Madeline and Zander.


The only picture I was in all day, holding my sleeping baby boy.


Then today I went to another Bridal Shower for my sister. Abby's future mother-in-law and future sister-in-law hosted a Bridal Shower for them. It was very nice. They had a lot of games. We played guess the number of towels used in the wedding cake, bridal bingo, and the word game where you write down as many words as you can out of "Abby and Andy Forever." Of course my little sister dominated that game with 55 words, and we only had 5 minutes to do it in. She is the scrabble queen though so I should have known.

Here is the wedding cake made out of towels.


Abby and Andy with one of their engagement photos that were taken today



Aubrey, my little sister, and me



All of the sisters, Aubrey, Allie, and Abby


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww your to sweet Alli, thanks for the compliment. You did such a great job at the shower. It was beautiful. Abby is lucky to have a sister like you. I am lucky to have been blessed to come into a great family! Love you