Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Fest Yesterday

After my sister's bridal shower on Saturday, October 17, 2009, we went to Fall Fest that was put on by our church. This was the first Fall Fest that I went to because I always had to work for the other one. One of the families at our church owns 2 acres in Cedar Lake and has a barn. This year was chilly so my family stayed in the barn most of the evening. They had a fun group play called the Oxcart Ramblers. And some people had fun doing a little jig, as you can see below. They had games for the kids and had volley ball too. They had so much food that was so good. We had a nice time visiting with everyone.

Zander, at Fall Fest, sporting his new hat!




Today Zander was playing on a blanket we set down for him. He decided to roll himself up in it.

My little piggie in a blanket!



I wanted to write one more thing. It is kind of gross, but I thought I would add it any ways. On this past Friday, October 16, 2009, I was trying to get Zander to go to sleep. He cried for a bit and then was quiet, so I thought he had fallen asleep. Soon after he started crying again, so I waited 10 minutes and then got him out of his crib. I walked down a few stairs and he spit up a tiny bit on me. No problem. I went down 2 more stairs and he decided to vomit all over me. It went all down the front of my shirt. And yes, it even went down the inside of my shirt and down my bra. It was so gross. I was using a lot of stain removal for that. The joys of motherhood. And the fun is just beginning. But Zander is worth it all. I love being a mom even when I am covered in vomit.

No comments: