Friday, October 9, 2009

Rainy Day

Today I just wanted to stay in my pajamas all day and veg out, but that didn't happen. It has been raining all day. When I woke up this morning it was raining, and at 6 p.m. it is still raining. I was awoken around 8 a.m. with a phone call from my mom because my brother Zane thought he broke his heel. I got ready and went over to my parent's house, where my brother was. I figured we could take him to the hospital I work at. He wanted to wait until 11 a.m. to go because that is when the fast track of the E.R. opens up and they would get him in and out quicker. While we waited, I decided to head over to a garage sale I had heard about in a neighboring town. There I found some clothes for Zander. On my way back I stopped at a Thrift Store and picked a sweater and a sweat suit outfit for Zander. While I was at the Thrift store my brother decided not to go to the hospital after talking it over with his wife. He decided he would make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor instead. So, I went home hoping to spend the rest of the day at home. My husband picked up lunch for us at a Mediterranean Restaurant near our house. We had gone there once and loved it. We have been meaning to go back there to eat. We even wanted to go there for my birthday, but McDreamy had to go into work early. The food was yummy. Then I tried unsuccessfully to get Zander down for a nap. Instead, my mom called and wanted Zander and I to come over to her house to visit with my brother. Now I am back home and Zander is napping. When I pulled into the garage and got Zander out of the car he was awake. I walked the 2 feet from the garage to the house and by the time I got in Zander, he was asleep. He has now been sleeping for an hour. I kept him in his car carrier because I knew if I took him out of it to bring him up to his bed he would wake up and not nap. Hopefully he still goes to bed on time. Now I am going to relax at home. Maybe make some hot chocolate because today has been such a cold and rainy day. I had plans to have my friend and her kids come over, but she had to cancel. I am okay with that because now I am going to get into my jammies and veg, like I had planned to do earlier today.

No comments: