Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Baby Shower and Dinner With Friends


My friend Lana and Nate had a baby shower today. I almost didn't make it because GPS failed me. I left the exact address at home, but figured that would not be a problem because I could just plug it in as a point of interest in GPS because it was at a school and it be fine. I quickly found the school and began following the lovely lady's directions. When I arrived there I did not see the school. I called another friend that I knew was going to the shower and found I was not at the right place. A year ago the school had moved and I was at the old location. Darn GPS, this is the second time it has failed me. I ended up being 45 minutes late. What can you do. You see, I am terrible with the directions. I am the most directionally challenged person in the entire world. So, I have loved my GPS, up until the last 3 weeks, because that is when it has failed me twice. I guess it was bound to happen, because it does not automatically update itself. But, I had no idea the school had moved. The baby shower was a lot of fun. I missed all the games they played, but the food was delicious. She got a lot of gifts too. It was very nice.

The soon to be mommy and daddy, Lana and Nate



The table I sat at, friends from church.


Lana and I



Some of the decorations

Nate with a doll someone made out of burp cloths


After the baby shower I went over to a friends house who was at the shower. She gave me some clothes for Zander that did not fit her son. Her son is 10 months old. That was so nice of her. Then I went over to our friends house, Sam and Jen, for dinner. Brian and Zander met me at their house. We had Chicago style hot dogs and pasta salad. YUMMY. I left early at 9 p.m. because Zander was tired, and it was way past his bedtime. I was hoping he would fall asleep there, but that didn't happen. I got home at 9:30 p.m. and Zander wouldn't go to sleep until 10:45 p.m. Brian stayed a little later and came home 10 minutes after I put Zander to sleep. It was nice that we were able to do that since we drove separately.

No comments: