Monday, October 5, 2009

Sick Day


I had to take my first sick day from work today because my baby is sick. Let me tell you that was very hard to call off. At 5 a.m. when Zander woke up for yet another time, I asked my husband about 5 times, maybe more, if I should call off. He said yes each and every time I asked him. That is not like him. He said I really needed to be at home with Zander since he was pretty sick. I was sooooooo torn. I really didn't want to call off, but I knew I needed to be home with my baby. I also needed to take him into the doctor, and I work tomorrow, so I had to call off. Boy do I wish I was a stay at home mom. I love my job, but I feel so torn when I am at work. I miss my baby. And I always have the guilty mom feeling. Unfortunately I don't think that will ever go away. I took Zander to the Urgent Aid Center near our house because his pediatrician would not be in until 4:30 p.m. and only had hours until 6 p.m. I didn't want to wait that long and I did not want to chance it. She probably would not have been able to get us in. Zander has a left ear infection. My poor baby. But back to work I go tomorrow. I felt so guilty calling off. I hated doing that to them. In some ways I wish I hadn't, but I know if I went in that I would have wished I would have called off. The life of a working mom, you always feel so torn. Zander went to bed early tonight, at 7 p.m., because he was worn out.



On another note, Zander is doing well with his baby food. The last couple of days he has been eating baby food twice a day, one for lunch and one for dinner. So far he has tried sweet peas and sweet potatoes. He likes the sweet potatoes best so far. Today I only fed him baby food once because we were at the urgent aid at lunch. Zander has never eaten a whole jar. Today he ate the whole jar of sweet potatoes, well besides the stuff on his face. Boy is he a messy eater. And he doesn't open his mouth at all while I am feeding him unless it is to fuss. I just have to push the spoon full of food past his lips.

He may be messy, but he is so cute!




No comments: