Friday, August 7, 2009

Show us your life- Wedding Receptions and Honeymoon

My favorite picture of us on our wedding day! (the one above)

Every week Kelly from Kelly's Korner blog does a show us your life posting. And I decided to join in on the fun this week. This week is show us your wedding reception and honeymoon. Our wedding reception was at Lake of Four Seasons, on the lake, and our honeymoon was in Gatlinburg, Tennesse and Costa Rica. We went for 2 weeks and had a blast.


For our first dance, McDreamy and I did a fast dance that was choreographed. We danced to "A Little Less Conversation a lot More Action" by Elvis Presley. We had so much fun doing it and everyone laughed so hard. It was a surprise to our guests. We acted like we were going to do a slow dance, and then broke out into this fast dance.


Our center pieces, I made them myself.
Our wedding cake. We had a beach theme because our reception was on a lake and we had an outdoor wedding.

My dad and I dancing.
My dad surprised us and sang to us at our reception. We sang the song "I loved her first" by Heartland. I had never heard the song, because at the time it had just come out. It was a big hit right after my wedding. I was so surprised and it meant so much to me. I will never forget it. I love my dad so much. And who knew he could sing, but he can. He made everyone cry, even my photographer. It was so sweet.


Here we are hugging my dad after he sung to us. What a great surprise for us.
McDreamy and I dancing with our niece, Julia. We did a lot of dancing at our reception.
The bouquet toss
Getting the garter
My younger sister caught the bouquet and a good friend of ours caught the garter.
This is what we saw when we got to our car and were trying to leave the reception at around
1 a.m. McDreamy's friends filled our SUV with balloons, streamers, and other decorations.

This is a side view of the cabin we stayed in while in Gatlinburg, Tennesse. It was huge and beautiful.

Our view from the front porch of our cabin. And the one above this one is me looking out at the view we woke up to every morning and admiring God's beautiful creation. I just love the mountains.
We went on a 2 week honeymoon. The first week we rented a cabin in Gatlinburg, Tennesse. We had such a relaxing first week, and our cabin was in the mountains. Here we are in front of our cabin. And the picture above is what we plan on doing when we are old and gray. Except it will be on our front porch. This picture was taken at Cracker Barrel.
For the second week of our honeymoon we went to Costa Rica, and we absolutely loved it there. It is so beautiful. God is awesome with how He created the world. Below are some pictures of Costa Rica. We did so much while we there. We went white water rafting (which was one of my favorite activities), canopying, horse back riding, we went down a huge water slide. We also went ATVing, went to the hot springs, had mud all over our bodies, went on a sunset boat cruise, and went kayaking and snorkeling. We laid around by the pool and ocean a lot too. It was so much fun. I would love to go back to Costa Rica one day.
Hanging around the pool
We went on a sunset boat cruise
Us enjoying the pool, we both love to swim.

Us at Dinner, the food was so good there
McDreamy loved ATVing, that was one of the favorite things we did.
We went canopying also.
And here we are int the hot springs. Right before this we had hot mud all over our body, but I was not about to show that picture.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a cake!

Unknown said...

I love your flip flops!
My husband has been in my life for 20+ years and I still feel my heart skip a beat when he walks in the door.
I pray that all you ladies have that feel for years to come.
What a beautiful reception ~ an amazing cake and decorations.
Your honeymoon looks like you had a fantastic time!
You both look so happy!