Sunday, August 9, 2009

Road Trip

Well, we took another road trip to Fort Wayne this weekend. We just love visiting family. We left on Friday with my niece, Alyssa, in the back seat to help entertain Zander. Of course we had to stop at Tyler's Tender on the way. This restaurant is my nieces new favorite restaurant. It is all about trains. I'll have to post about that place another day. We dropped Alyssa off with her other Grandma when we got to Fort Wayne, and then we headed to the hotel for the night. On Saturday morning we saw Tyler's flag football game. It was a fun game. Then we met some of the family for lunch. We met my brother and his wife and 3 kids, my aunt and uncle, my 2 cousins, and my cousin Marci's 8 month old boy, Michael (Michael and Zander are 4 1/2 months apart). There was 13 of us in total, and this is only a small get together for our family. After lunch I shopped at Once upon a child, while McDreamy attempted to shop at the Verizon Wireless store. I bought a winter coat for Zander for only $7.50 and I got 2 summer outfits for $1 each. Plus I got him a book about apoligizing. I figure he will have to learn about that some day. McDreamy did not shop at the Verizon store because the wait was way to long. We then drove an hour and met my parents and my brother at a house in North Manchester. My parents need a new house, and this was a potential one that is up for auction. It is a beautiful house on 25 acres of gorgeous land. It even has a in ground pool. I wish we had the money to buy this house, but it is in the boonies. After 2 trips to the Dairy Queen, (the first time was because we got there way earlier than everyone else and we needed somewhere to wait) we headed back to our hotel in Fort Wayne. We just hung out at the hotel the rest of the night. Today we went church at Northside Missionary Church, the one my uncle pastors. Unfortunately I spent most of the service in the nursery, but I love every minute of the time I spend with my son. I just hope to hear a sermon one of these days. It is hard because I have to work every other Sunday. We cooked out at my aunt and uncle's house after the service, and we had fun visiting. We headed for home around 4 p.m. We just love our Fort Wayne visits. I can't wait until Michael and Zander are able to play with each other.

No comments: