Monday, August 3, 2009

Another Zoo

Zander and I went to another zoo today, the zoo in Michigan City, Indiana. This time we took my niece Alyssa with us, and we stayed at this zoo a lot longer. We met some of my friends from church there. Four other mom's and their kids went too. It was a lot of fun. One day a month the young mom's from my church plan an event to get us all together. The first month we went to Lake County Fair Grounds to play at the playground and have a picnic lunch. The second month we went to the Splash Park, and this month we went to the zoo. We all have a lot of fun together. This zoo was small, but very nice. The animals are very close to you, sometimes a little too close. Alyssa, Zander, and I were walking past the tigers after getting something to drink, and all of sudden the tiger charged at us from across the cage and growled really loud at us. He even showed us all of his teeth. I wish I got a picture of that. It was quite scary and I don't get scared easily. You see the cage is about 2 or 3 feet from where you stand; it is really close. There is even a sign up at the tiger cage that says caution, you may be sprayed by urine. It is just the tiger marking his territory. Well, at least we didn't get sprayed with urine. On another note, cute story from our zoo experience is this one: Alyssa and I were looking at the really pretty parrots they have there (they may be a different type of bird, but I am not sure what kind it is, I just know it had a long feathered tail and were very colorful). Anyways they were cawing and I told Alyssa maybe they would talk to us. I was joking because I did not think they could talk. All of a sudden one of the birds says hello (and no one else was around, so it was definitely the bird). It was so cool.

The ferocious tiger
This picture was not zoomed in. This shows how close we were to the end of the tiger's cage.


My beautiful niece, Alyssa, at lunch break.
Zander and Alyssa. Zander spent most of his time at the zoo sleepingA Mamma Llama and to the right is her baby Llama, a fence overThe Mamma Llama up close. It was so soft. She kept sticking her head up on top of the fence, or through the fence to be petted. It was so cute.

No comments: