Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I love reflecting on past years. And every year probably starting around Junior High I would write in a journal all about the past year. I would divide the paper in half and on one side write all of the good that came out of that year in my life and in the world. On the other half I would write all about the bad that happened that year. Some things ended up on both sides because there was good and bad about a certain situation. So, here is some of the good and the bad of 2009 both in my life and in the world.
The Good of 2009
-my son Zander was born on March 24, 2009
-I had 3 months of maternity leave
-My husband was out of work and was able to stay home with Zander for 3 months after I went back to work
-After a short, 36 hour stay in the special care nursery, Zander is a healthy boy
-All of my family is healthy and safe
-My parents and sister were not injured in the house fire this summer
-My parents have lived 1/2 block from our house since June
-My husband got a job in September and he loves it
-My in-laws watch Zander 2 days a week now that my husband is working
-Zander is a very happy, and easy baby
-I love my job =in the E.R.
-We have done so much this year- Trips to a couple of different zoos, baseball games, picnics, and time with family and friends
-God provided for us financially while my husband was out of work
-My older sister, Abby got married
-many new babies were born to my family and friends (a total of 9 new babies were born this year to our friends and family)
The Bad of 2009
-my husband was out of a job until the beginning of September
-the house I grew up in caught fire and had to be demolished
-my little sister's dog, Coal, died
-my Uncle Ron died
-Zander had to stay in the special care nursery for 32 hours after he was born
-Micheal Jackson died
-Brittany Murphy died, she was the same age as I am

No comments: