Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Doctor's Visit for Zander and MOPS BBQ

Zander had a doctor's appointment. It was his second one year appointment. After he turned one we had an appointment, but he had a low grade fever at the appointment, and they couldn't give him one of his shots. He only had a fever because he was teething. Today, Zander weighed 24 lbs. and 2.5 oz. I was a little surprised at his weight. My baby boy is getting so big. He had 2 shots today, MMR and Hepatitis A. He took them like a champ. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in Zander had fun exploring the room. They had some small mirrors on the wall with some beads to play with. He loved it. I wish I got a picture of it. I addressed some things with his pediatrician. She thinks he gets a red face and red ear from allergies, probably hay fever or maybe an allergy to dogs or cats. She just told me to give him Benadryl for the itching or puffy eyes.


In the evening I had a MOPS BBQ to go to. I will be a table leader for next years MOPS group, so the leadership all got together. I had a lot of fun. And the house we went to was gorgeous. They even had a home theater in a basement with a full kitchen and a popcorn machine. It was so cute. We had a meeting for MOPS too, mostly to get some dates down for future meetings. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment this afternoon for the baby, but it had to be cancelled because she had to deliver another baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? I'm also going to be a table leader this year for my MOPS. I'm excited about the new adventure. The house we went to was also gorgeous and they just finished their basement with a home theater. Though they didn't have a popcorn machine! HA!