Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Letter to Zander

Dear Zander,

I am awake at 12:00 a.m., early Wednesday morning, May 26th, 2010.  I tried going to sleep once and couldn't.  So I just got done peeking in on you.  You were all curled up in your crib, sleeping so soundly.  I touched your forehead twice, I was giving you kisses, and each time you reached up with your cute little hand.  I hope you weren't rubbing those kisses off.  I want you to know that I love you very much.  You are growing up so fast.  Even though you are only 14 months old, I feel like it is already going way too fast.  In some ways, I want you to stay little forever.  But, I do look forward to watching you grow up.  I hope I will cherish every day God gives me with you, even the hard ones.  I hope that you will always know how much your dad and I love you.  I love you more than I can ever tell you.  Even though you are only 14 months old, I worry so much about you.  I think I am most worried about the teenage years, but I have all the faith that God will get us through those years.  Zander, I am so blessed to have you as my son.  I am so thankful that God gave us you.  Your dad and I pray with you every night.  And I pray for you often throughout the day.  God is most important in my life.  And I pray that one day God will be most important in your life.  Your dad and I pray every night that He (GOD) will become your Lord and Savior.  I pray God brings you happiness and love.  I pray that you love God and you love life.  I know there will be hard times in your life.  I know you will have struggles.  I know you will make mistakes and I know you will fail at times.  But I pray through all of these times, you will always seek God.  I promise to teach you about God.  And I promise to read the bible to you and with you.  I promise to pray with you and pray for you.  Zander I love you.  I hope you will always know that, even when I discipline you.  I will discipline you because I love you. 


Zander, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.  (a quote taken from the Children's Book "Love you, Forever" by Robert Munsch)

Zander, I love you so much.

Love always,

Mom

No comments: