Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Walking Backward, But not Looking Back

We had a nice day.  Well, except for some disheartening news.   Both kids slept in until 8 a.m., so we only had about an hour and 15 minutes to get ready before swim lessons.  We headed to swim lessons, and I was on my game today as a mom.  I remembered the swim bag and the diaper bag.  And we made it to the YMCA 15 minutes early.  Sophia was dropped off at the Kids Zone, and she did pretty well.  She didn't fuss, and actually wanted to go play.  She did turn back to me, and started walking toward me, but the employees helped me by picking her up so she wouldn't cry and I could go with Zander to swim lessons.  Zander is doing so well at swim lessons.  He used the floating device that goes on his back, and was holding the noodle to try to help him swim.  It was cute, while in swim lessons, the last thing we did was play with the ball in the pool.  We are all in a circle and the kids push the ball through the water to the next person in the circle.  Almost every time the little girl pushed the ball to Zander, Zander said thank you.  It was very cute.  My little polite boy.  Then as we were walking out of the YMCA, Zander decided he was going to walk backwards.  It was very cute!  He did it all on his own.  I don't think he has ever seen anyone walk backwards, so I am not sure where he learned to do that.  Another memory I want to remember is how friendly and sociably Zander is.  Zander says hi to everyone, and then he asks them "What are you doing?"  And everyone seems to answer that question.  It is very cute.  Sophia was a very happy baby today.  Okay, let me rephrase that.  Sophia was a happy baby/toddler this afternoon.  I just realized that she is really not a baby anymore. SO, I guess I have to start calling her a toddler instead of a baby.  Sad.  This morning Sophia was fussy and clingy.  She wanted me to hold her all the time.  It was hard getting dressed, and getting ready because every time I put her down she would cry and fuss and the come over to me and try to sit in my lap or climb all over me.  I put both of them down for naps around 12:30 or 12:45 p.m..  Sophia only slept for about an hour.  When she did wake up, she was a very happy girl.  I think she enjoyed getting mommy all to herself.  And I am sure she enjoyed not having her big brother pushing her or grabbing all the toys out of her hand, as he tends to do lately.  She was walking all over the playroom/basement just smiling and giggling.  I had the T.V. on at one point as background noise and she started dancing when some music came on the T.V.  She was getting a little sassy with her dancing and just moving her shoulders up and down.  That was the first time I saw her do that.  It was so cute!  I wish I got it on video, and I tried to have her do it again, but it didn't happen again.  I love that girl.  She is full of joy and love.  And she loves to smile.    

Sadly, I have not been talking a lot of pictures lately.  Today I took videos of Sophia, but no photos.  I need to start taking more pictures.  I am so disappointed with myself. 

The disheartening news is that we had to pay $1600 to repair a friend's car.  My husband hit my friend's car while it was parked in our driveway.  It happened about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago while we were car pooling to work because I was orientating her.  We knew we would be paying for the repairs of the car, but we just didn't realize it would be so much money.  But, I know it was just an accident.  And accidents happen.  I know God will provide for us.  We just have to be really good with our money and budget really well for the next few months or longer.

And since I have a hard time posting a blog without a picture, I thought I would post a few pictures, not of today, but some from this past week. 


These first 3 pictures were taken on Sunday, January 22, 2012





Sophia is a walking machine.  It is so fun to see her walking all over the place. 

And this picture was taken on January 17, 2012


No comments: