Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snowy fun, birthday party fun, and small group fun

We had a fun day today!  The kids got up in enough time this morning to play outside in the snow before church.  We had fun making snow angels with Zander.  And Zander and I had fun sledding down our little hill in the back yard.  Zander was disappointed because he couldn't build a snowman.  The snow was too powdery.

Zander has his hand up because he does not want his picture taken. 





Some of these pictures are grainy because they are from my cell phone. 
    After playing in the snow we went back into the house.  Brian gave the kids baths and we got ready for church.  Church was great.  I love our new church.  It was a great sermon ending the series on listening to God.

After church we headed to Fuddrucker's for a birthday party.  It was Ava's birthday party.  Ava is almost 2 months older than Zander and she is my friend Amanda's daughter. 

Here is Ava with her cake
   
And her is Zander staring down that cake!

Ava and Zander


I thought this picture was cute, Ava talking to Sophia

While we were waiting for our food, Sophia was getting fussy.  Ava came over and gave Sophia her stuffed animal.  It was soooo cute!  What a sweet girl!  Happy 3rd Birthday Ava!

After church, we headed to my parents house for about 30 minutes because we had a short period of time before small group.  At 4:30 p.m. we headed to our friends Paul and Jen for small group.  In our small group we are reading and study a book called "Radical" by David Platt.  We are going through a chapter each time we meet.  We meet every other Sunday evening.  The first chapter was already deep and challenging, and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book.  I think this book will really help me to grow in my faith.  But I will admit, I am a little scared of what God may be asking of me.  But I will trust in God. 



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I want to hear about the book, Radical. Let me know...