Friday, July 31, 2009

Wedding dress

Kelly of Kelly's Korner does a special blog every Friday. And a couple of weeks ago she did one where you show your wedding dress. I did not have a blog at that time, but do now, so I thought I would post some pictures of my wedding dress. It took forever to find the dress of my dreams. I must have gone to 5+ stores, and I went back to some stores more than once. When I was at the bridal store where I ended up finding my dress it was just me and my mom. At other times both my sisters and my best friend came with, but I think they got tired of seeing me in so many dresses, and we did this over a couple of weeks. So, I was worn out by this time, and I thought I would never find a dress I absolutely loved. I thought I would have to settle. I turned to my mom, after another dress I didn't love was tried on and I said, "maybe I should just wear a t-shirt and jeans down the aisle." That is what I am most comfortable in. The bridal store employees at this bridal store were wonderful. If you live in Northwestern Indiana, Elegance Bridal Store in Highland, IN is a fabulous place to find a dress, and this is ulimately where I found my dress. The lady that was working with me suggested I look through one of there catalogs and maybe I would find a dress I like in there. They then could order it for me to try on. I was flipping through the magazine and came across a dress I really liked. I showed the lady and she said hold on a minute. Then she comes back with the dress and it was in my size. I started putting it on and I got a little teary eyed and I just knew this was the dress, even before I had it on all the way. I did not think I would get teary eyed when I found my wedding dress, but I suprised myself and I did. I absolutely loved my dress. And Elegance bridal store was the best place to work with. I ordered my dress, and in less than a month my dress came in. They were the greatest. I can't say the same for the bridal store where I ordered my bridesmaid dresses from. That was a nightmare, but a whole other store for a different time. Here is my gorgeous dress, and some of my handsome husband, McDreamy (a name he requested to be called on my blog).

No comments: