Saturday, October 2, 2010

More of the Girls Getaway!

I was up early yet again today.  I think God is getting me ready for the new baby, 4 1/2 more weeks.  I woke up many times to use the bathroom, but I was up at 4:30 a.m. because I couldn't sleep.  I miss my bed, but I'm having so much fun with the girls.  Luckily I was only up for an hour and then I was able to go to sleep for 2 more hours.  When we were all up we got ready and went Denny's for breakfast.  I'm not a big fun of Denny's, but it was close.  After Denny's the girls wanted to shop at a thrift store.  After that we decided to go to the Carousel District of Mansfield.  It is a cute little part of the city where there are shops and stuff.  We went into an antique store and looked around. 


We saw this cute Carousel Place.


Racheal and Jen at the second thrift store, the one in the Carousel District

Then we went to a cute ice cream parlor for some ice cream, and I tried a new flavor, Superman.  It was really good. 




After ice cream we walked around some more.  My friends, minus me, all wanted to get a tattoo, but unfortunately the tattoo parlor had no openings until Tuesday.  I was hoping they could get a tattoo because I wanted to get pictures of them while they were getting the tattoos.  Oh well.  After we hit the town it was back to the hotel for some hot tub and pool time.  Of course I just sat near the hot tub.  My friends were disappointed because the hot tub was not very hot.  

After the hot tub time, we had a fun and delicious steak dinner at the restaurant in the hotel.  And the dinner was free for us.  The hot tub was falling apart.  My friends found 2 parts of a light cover and a screw at the bottom of the hot tub, and then they noticed a hole in the side of the hot tub where the light cover was supposed to be.  One of my friends complained to the hotel staff and told them it was unsafe.  Because of that they offered us a free dinner at the hotel restaurant. 


Racheal, me, and Jen at dinner

Jen and I

Now we are relaxing and talking in our hotel room.  We have had some deep conversations this weekend.  Tomorrow we head back home in the afternoon.  I am having a great time, but I do miss my husband and my baby boy Zander.  I can't wait to see them tomorrow afternoon. 

No comments: