Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bad Mom Day

Today was a rough day.  Nothing major happened, my kids are healthy, I have a great husband, I have a roof over my head, and I have a bunch of food to eat, but I just had a lonnnnnnggggg hard day.  From the beginning my children were crabby and testing my patience.  Sophia was in on of those moods where she did not want to be put down at all.  And Zander was not listening at all, and moving very slow.  The kids went to bed late last night (my hubby got them in bed late, I was at work).  We had swim lessons this morning, and was late to swim lessons.  Zander did not want to participate very much at swim lessons.  And he screamed when I had to take the duck away from him in the "go fish" game we were playing.  It was time do something else in the swim lesson.  I needed a little time to think, and I was not motivated to work out at the YMCA, so I put Zander in the kids zone area with Sophia, and then I sat at a table and made a grocery list.  I felt guilty that I didn't exercise.  Maybe that would have helped me with my patience and stress level today.  Then I decided to take the kids to Burger King for lunch, and I checked my calender on my email and it just so happened that the Mom's Club I recently joined was meeting up at Burger King.  The Burger King in my town has a indoor play area, and Zander had a great time playing with the other kids.  And it was funny because my nieces were at Burger King too.  About 30 minutes after we were at Burger King I see my nieces with their Grandma.  My sister-in-law was working today and her mom was watching her girls.  It was fun to see them up there unexpectedly.  Zander was excited to see his cousin.  Zander and Jaylyn have such a good time when they are together.  We had a good time at Burger King.  It was nice to get to know some of the ladies in the Mom's group.  But when it was time to leave, that's when the trouble started.  Zander decided to throw a tantrum, because he did not want to leave.  I ended up carrying Zander and Sophia out to the car in my arms along with my purse and a small diaper bag.  The kids decided they were not going to nap, they were only in their rooms for about 30 minutes before Zander came out of his room, and then woke up Sophia.  We went grocery shopping in the afternoon, but Zander wasn't listening very well in the store either.  At one point as we were leaving, Zander was climbing all over the cart.  I used a grocery cart that has a little car in the front where the kids sat in.  While in line, Zander decided he was going to climb up and sit on the top of the car.  Now looking back, I should of gotten a picture of it.  He usually isn't that daring.  But at the time, I was so embarresed because Zander was not listening to me.  And I was disciplining him all day long.  It was rough.  And I felt bad because I lost my patience a few times with him, and yelled at him.  I don't want to be a yelling mom, but I was so frustrated with him today.  I need to keep praying that God helps me to be the best mom I can be for my children.  I want to point them toward God.  I am trying to raise children who will love God with all their hearts.  Some days it is ROUGH and TOUGH.  To top it off my husband had a long day at work, and didn't get home from work until 8:30 p.m.  The kids didn't see him all day today.  He left around 6 a.m. this morning for work, and when he got home the kids were in bed already, because their bedtime is 7:30 p.m.  I am glad this day is over, but I am sad I have to work tomorrow.  At least I have a three day weekend.  We have a busy weekend planned, but it should be fun! 






Even though today was a ROUGH day, I love these children with all my heart.  And am so thankful God blessed us with them.  I am so glad God lent them to us.  Because they are ultimately God's children, and He has lent them to us.  I love them with all my heart.  And I truly miss them when I am not with them.    

3 comments:

Sarah said...

wow Allie, thanks for your honesty. You are totally right, we absolutely CANNOT be good parents without God's help. Remember each day is a new day and we are in dangerous territory when we choose to tackle all the day's problems without first surrendering it all to God. I've been trying to make it a daily practice that before I get going for the day, I pray and confess any known sin from the day before and surrender the day to Him. God promises to give us wisdom as well as grace and mercy in our time of need (Hebrews 4:16), I know I have shared that before. I will keep you in my prayers. Remember that God doesn't necessarily want us happy, He wants to make us holy and I definitely think that marriage and parenting are the perfect vehicles to rid us of our selves and bring us to our knees! Love you, sarah

Allie said...

Thanks Sarah. You are such an encouragement to me! Thank you for showing me to go to God with everthing. I am so thankful for our friendship! And I admire your love and faith in God. You always help me to seek God and draw near to Him. I am sorry I had to cut our converstation short today. But we will have to catch up soon!

MMR said...

Days like that stink. You're a good mom.