Friday, October 1, 2010

Travel Day for Girls Getaway

Today I headed to Ohio for one last getaway before the baby comes. It is a girl's getaway. Racheal and Jen are 2 of my best friends, and Mimi is one of Jen's friends from high school that we have all gotten to know. We all decided to meet in Mansfield, Ohio for a weekend of fun! I think we all needed this time to get away and relax. I drove by myself to Mansfield. Originally Racheal and Mimi were going to drive with me because we live near each other. Jen moved to Pennsylvania in August, so she was going to drive from Pennsylvania. We chose Mansfield, Ohio because it was half way for all of us. At the last minute Jen wasn't able to drive because her and her husband are down to one car. Racheal and Mimi decided to leave on Wednesday afternoon to pick up Jen. They stayed with Jen and her family until this morning and then they headed to Ohio. I am not a big fan of driving. Usually my husband drives. I am also not a big fan of road trips by myself. I listened to a lot of praise music, and I really enjoyed that. I had to stop every hour to walk around since I am 35 weeks pregnant. I wanted to make sure I didn't get any blood clots. It took about 4 hours and 45 minutes to get there. But it is great to be around some of my best friends, and to tonight we had dinner at Cheddars. No pictures though because my camera battery needed to be charged. I felt bad, my husband had to work late and my mom and dad watched Zander. It was a very long day for my mom and dad, because I dropped Zander off at their house at 9:30 a.m. and Brian didn't pick him up until 11:30 p.m. I felt soooo bad, Brian has never worked that late.

No comments: